Monday, August 31, 2009

Return from Latest Mission to Juarez - July 8-25, 2009



I have recently returned from yet another mission in Juarez, Mexico. I visited a 2nd children's home that I became aware of in November, '08 called Juventud con Vision and stayed there with the kids from July 8-25, 2009. This was a special trip fo me as I traveled alone to help celbrate the 13th birthday of a special girl there named Damaris. I first met Damaris when she was only 3 years old. At that time she was living in another children's home called The Tree of Life. The first time I visted the Tree of Life was in November, 1999 with a ten person team from Buffalo, NY. We were there not to visit an orphanage but rather to build a home for a poor Mexican family. When we completed our project it was then that we decided to visit the Tree of Life.

I have watched Damaris (pronounced - Dah-mah-reese) grow up over the years as we returned time and again to the Tree of Life. So in March, '09 when I was at this 2nd children's home where she is currently living, she asked me to return for her birthday. I prayed about it and felt I needed to go and help her celebrate her special day. I traveled alone this time except for the new guitar I brought with me for her birthday present. Here is the moment she received it.

No comments:

Post a Comment